Gainful Employment Disclosure
Federal regulations require that the following information be made available to students considering enrollment in an academic program designed to prepare students for a particular occupation.
The Teaching English as a Second Language certificate offered at Lincoln Christian University is one of the required programs that must be disclosed.
- OPE ID -- 001708
- CIP (Classification of Instructional Program) -- 13.1401
- Credential Level - Undergraduate, Post Baccalaureate
SOC Number (Standard Occupational Classification)
- 25-2012.00 Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education
- 25-2021.00 Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education
- 25-2031.00 Secondary School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education
- 25-3011.00 Adult Basic and Secondary Education and Literacy Teachers and Instructors
The TESOL certificate includes 18 credit hours and normally would take 9 months to complete. However, one hundred percent of the students currently enrolled will take four to five semesters to complete the certificate as they are completing their AA or BA at the same time. The cost of the program for 2012-2013:
|Books and Supplies||$800|
|Room and Board||$7,080|
Between July 2012 and June 2013, there were 23 undergraduate students enrolled in the TESOL certificate program. Two of them completed the program.
Median Incurred Debt
For privacy reasons, the median loan debt cannot be disclosed for the students graduating because fewer than 10 students received a loan.
Job Placement Rates
The federal regulations do not currently require placement rate disclosure for the TESOL certificate. Once the Department of Education establishes a formula for calculating placement rates, Lincoln Christian University will report based on the federal formula.