Dr. Christopher Ben Simpson
Associate Professor of Philosophical Theology
Office: R2, Office
- PhD, University of Nottingham
- Fulbright Grantee, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- MA, University of Iowa
- MA, Lincoln Christian Seminary
- BA, Eastern New Mexico University
• The Paradoxical Harmonies of Aquinas and Kierkegaard: An Ecumenical Introduction to Christian Philosophical Theology. London: T&T Clark, 2015 (forthcoming).
• Merleau-Ponty and Theology. London: T&T Clark, 2013/14.
• Deleuze and Theology. London: T&T Clark, 2012.
• The Truth is the Way: Kierkegaard's Theologia Viatorum. London: SCM Press, 2010 and Eugene, OR: Cascade Press, 2011.
• Religion, Metaphysics, and the Postmodern: William Desmond and John D. Caputo. Bloomington, IN: Indiana University Press, 2009.
• Desmond and Theology: The Donation of William Desmond to Contemporary Theology. Edited with Brendan Thomas Sammon. South Bend, IN: University of Notre Dame Press, 2014 (forthcoming).
• Theology in the Present Age: Essays in Honor of John D. Castelein. Edited with Steven D. Cone. Eugene, Or: Pickwick Publications, 2013.
• The William Desmond Reader. Edited by Christopher Ben Simpson. Albany: SUNY Press, 2011.
• “Founding Vision from Strange Heights: Kierkegaard on Imagination, Theology, and Metaphysics.” In Becoming the Impossible: Politics, Ontology and Religion in Kierkegaard. Eds. Michael Burns and Clare Carlisle (forthcoming).
• "Theologia Corporum and the Cappadocian Fathers.” Radical Orthodoxy: Theology, Philosophy, Politics 1:2 (2013).
• "Theology, Philosophy, God and the Between." Louvain Studies 36 (2012): 226-238.
• “Interview with William Desmond.” Radical Orthodoxy: Theology, Philosophy and Politics 1:1 (2011).
• “Theology, Philosophy, God and the Between.” Radical Orthodoxy: Theology, Philosophy and Politics 1:1 (2011).
• “The Subjectivity of Truth and the Grandeur of Reason” in The Grandeur of Reason: Religion, Tradition and Universalism. Eds. Peter Candler and Conor Cunningham. London: SCM Press, 2009.
• “All Things Shining: Desmond's Metaxological Metaphysics and The Thin Red Line.” In System and Poetics: The Themes in the Work of William Desmond. Ed. Thomas A. F. Kelly. Aldershot: Ashgate, 2007.
• “A Way Between Freeplay and Totality: Kierkegaard on Faith and the Other.” In Søren Kierkegaard and the Word(s): Essays on Hermeneutics and Communication. Eds. Poul Houe and Gordon D. Marino Copenhagen: C.A. Reitzel, 2003.
- ID 201 Ancient Civilization
- ID 202 From Early Church to Medieval World
- ID 301 The Emerging Modern World
- ID 302 The Modern and Postmodern World
- ID 318/TH 610/PH 610 Kierkegaard
- ID 320 Theology and Postmodernity
- PH 301/PH 701 Modern Philosophy
- PH 302/PH 702 Contemporary Philosophy
- PH 314/PH 714 Metaphysics and Epistemology