Dr. Clay Ham
Office: Administration Building, Office 132
- PhD, Southwestern Seminary
- MDiv, Lincoln Christian Seminary
- BA, Lincoln Christian University
Administrative and Academic Experience
- Provost/Vice President of Academics, Lincoln Christian University, Lincoln, IL (2009-Present)
- Interim Academic Dean, LCU School of Undergraduate Studies, (2009-2010)
- Academic Dean, LCU School of Adult & Graduate Studies (2008-2009)
- Professor of New Testament, Lincoln Christian University (2008-Present)
- Vice President of Academic Affairs/Academic Dean, Dallas Christian College, Dallas, TX (2006-2008)
- Adjunct Professor of Biblical Studies, Lakeview Christian Seminary, Chennai, India (2004-2009)
- Professor of New Testament and Preaching, Dallas Christian College (2003-2008)
- Associate Professor of New Testament and Preaching, Dallas Christian College (1988-2003)
- Instructor and Graduate Teaching Assistant, Lincoln Christian University and Lincoln Christian Seminary (1984-1988)
Higher Education Accreditation Experience
- Chair, Commission on Accreditation, Association for Biblical Higher Education, Orlando, FL (2011-Present)
- Vice Chair, Commission on Accreditation, ABHE (2009-2010)
- Member-at-large, Commission on Accreditation, ABHE
Executive Board Experience
- Vice Chair, Board of Directors, New Mission Systems International, Fort Myers, FL (2011-Present)
- Member, Board of Directors, New Mission Systems International (2009-Present)
Seminars and Memberships
- Member, Society of Biblical Literature
- Member, Institute for Biblical Research
- Fellow, International Reference Library for Biblical Research, Fort Worth, TX
- Program Chair, Institute for Biblical Research (Southwest Region) (2003-2008)
- Nominated by E. Earle Ellis
- Participant, Seminary on Matthew's Gospel, The University of Dallas, Irving, TX (1997-2000)
- Seminar directed by William R. Farmer
- The Coming King and the Rejected Shepherd: Matthew’s Reading of Zechariah’s Messianic Hope. New Testament Monographs 4. Sheffield: Sheffield Phoenix Press, 2005.
- With Mark Allen Hahlen. Minor Prophets 2: Nahum-Malachi. The College Press NIV Commentary. Joplin: College Press, 2006.
Articles/Essays (Peer reviewed)
- “Minor Prophets in Matthew,” in Minor Prophets in the New Testament, ed. S. Moyise and M.J.J. Menken. The New Testament and the Scriptures of Israel. London: T.&T. Clark, 39-56.
- “Reading Zechariah and Matthew’s Olivet Discourse,” in Biblical Interpretation in Early Christian Gospels. Vol. 2, The Gospel of Matthew, ed. Thomas Hatina. Library of New Testament Studies. 310. London: T.&T. Clark, 2008. 85-97.
- “Judas Iscariot,” in Encyclopedia of the Historical Jesus, ed. Craig A. Evans. New York: Routledge, 2008. 348-49.
- “The Last Supper in Matthew.” Bulletin for Biblical Research 10, no. 1 (2000) 53-69.
- “The Christ Hymn in 1 Timothy 3:16.” Stone-Campbell Journal 3 (2000) 209-28.
- “The Title ‘Son of Man’ in the Gospel of John.” Stone-Campbell Journal 1 (1998) 67-84.
- Editor, Stone-Campbell Journal (2008-2012)
- Consulting Editor, Stone-Campbell Journal (2005-2008)
- BL 341 Advanced Greek 1
- BL 342 Advanced Greek 2
- BL 443 Advanced New Testament Exegesis
- NT 635 Pastoral Epistles
- NT 899 Sermon on the Mount