Dr. Steve Cone
Associate Professor of Bible and Theology
Office: Chapel Building, Office 109
- PhD in Systematic Theology; Boston College
- MA in Contemporary Christian Theology and Philosophy; Lincoln Christian Seminary
- MA in Church History/Historical Theology; Lincoln Christian Seminary
- BA in the Classics: Classical Civilization; University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Youth With a Mission (Ireland): 1993-1995
- Missionary to Czech Republic: 2004-2007
- Numerous pulpit supply positions in Illinois
- American Academy of Religion
- Evangelical Theological Society (in Nashville, TN, and Washington, D.C.)
- Symposium on Ecclesiology at Boston College (in Chestnut Hill, MA)
- Centre for Theology and Philosophy, Nottingham University (in Rome)
- Lonergan Workshop (Chestnut Hill, MS)
- TH 160 Basic Christian Beliefs
- TH 361 Essentials of Theology
- TH/HI 469 History of Christian Theology I
- TH/HI 470 History of Christian Theology II
- PH 202 Ancient Philosophy
- PH 203 Medieval Philosophy
- BI 114 Principles of Bible Study I
- The first nineteen years of his life were lived in Salem, Illinois (southern part of state). He is deeply grateful for the formation and foundation given him by his parents. As part of First Christian Church of Salem, he started to learn what it means to be part of the Church. His ordination for leadership ministry is by FCC-Salem, and he takes his roots in southern Illinois as something he will never leave behind, no matter where God leads.
- After earning his undergraduate degree, he joined Youth With A Mission (YWAM) in Dublin, Ireland. During his time with YWAM he helped start a ministry location in Ireland's rural West. Their mission there was to start and disciple Christian youth groups, hoping to make the Irish mission field into a potent mission force. During this time, he also travelled to the Republic of the Philippines with YWAM, serving and encouraging Pilipino orphanages, youth groups and disadvantaged communities.
- While a student at Lincoln Christian Seminary he was privileged to serve as worship leader and chairman of the Seminary's spiritual life committee, and to preach in many Illinois churches.
- After completing his residency at Boston College, Dr. Cone joined a group of friends from LCU who had started a missionary effort in Prague, Czech Republic. Prague is an extremely secular city, and serving as a missionary there involves both the great effort of evangelism and the work of serving a Czech church making its way forward in that setting. Most of his work there centered on 15-25 year-olds, starting with initial contact through evangelistic English camps and continuing in both group activities and personal discussions.
- Dr. Cone joined the faculty at Lincoln Christian University knowing that he could continue to follow God in a situation with a global vision, and with a mission committed to changing lives and changing the world for and toward God. He feels privileged to teach theology, philosophy, and Church history here, and he looks forward to many fruitful years.
- Dr. Cone met his wife, Violeta, a wonderful woman from the Republic of Bulgaria, while in the Czech Republic. She has joined us here at LCU, first as the Seminary student coordinator of the International Student Office and now as an adjunct professor in the Business program. He is grateful for her constant challenge and companionship as they seek to know and serve God together. They have one child, Anna Sophia, who teaches them daily what grace means.