Dr. Rochelle Cathcart
Assistant Professor of Intercultural Studies
Office: Timothy Hall, Office 27
- PhD, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- MDiv, Assemblies of God Theological Seminary
- BA, Central Bible College
- North Central Regional Vice-President, Evangelical Missiological Society
- Member Evangelical Missiological Society
- Member of the Consulting Editorial Board for Missio Dei Journal
- Member of the Board for the Center for Global Studies
- Associate Pastor, Capital Church in the City in Salt Lake City, UT (1999-2003)
- Cathcart, Rochelle. 2012. "Culture Matters: How Three Effective Preachers (Timothy Keller, Rob Bell, and Father Pfleger) Engage Culture in the Preaching Event." Trinity Journal (Fall): 209-222.
- Cathcart, Rochelle. 2012. "How to Integrate the Arts and Preaching." In Worship and Mission for the Global Church: An Ethnodoxology Handbook, ed. James R. Krabill. Pasadena, CA: William Carey Library.
- Cathcart, Rochelle. 2012. Review of Susan S. Baker, ed., "Globalization and its Effects on Urban Ministry in the 21st Century." Missio Dei Journal 32, no. 2 (August), 160-161.
- Cathcart, Rochelle and Mike Nichols. 2009. "Self-theology, Global Theology, and Missional Theology in the Writings of Paul G. Hiebert." Trinity Journal 30, no. 2 (Fall): 209-221.
- Oss, Doug, Rochelle Cathcart, and David Crosby. 2006. Preaching in the Contemporary World. Springfield, MO: Global University.
- Presented paper: "Handling Differences in the Sermon: Bell, Keller, and Pfleger" (Society for the Scientific Study of Religion, 11/10/13)
- Presented paper: "Culture Matters: How Three Effective Preachers (Timothy Keller, Rob Bell, and Father Pfleger) Engage Culture in the Preaching Event" (Midwest Missions Study Fellowship, 11/20/12)
- Presented paper: Culture Matters: How Three Effective Preachers (Timothy Keller, Rob Bell, and Father Pfleger) Engage Culture in the Preaching Event" (North Central Regional EMS Conference, 04/21/12)
- Panelist: Preaching and Culture Track (North Central Regional EMS Conference, 04/21/12)
- Presented paper: "Counterintuitive Missionary Placement: Sending Single Women to Reach Latter-Day Saints" (North Central Regional EMS Conference, 02/27/2010)
- Presented paper with Mike Nichols: "Self-Theologizing, Global Theologizing, and Missional Theologizing (in the Writings of Dr. Paul G. Hiebert)" (North Central Regional EMS Conference, 03/29/2009)
- Discussion panelist for Dr. Ajith Fernando’s lecture "Authentic Christian Witness in Multi-Religious Settings." Panelists included Dr. Ajith Fernando, Dr. Olugbenga Akinbola, and Dr. Harold Netland (10/21/2008)
Adult & Graduate Studies
- SS 410 Cultural Diversity
- IC 641 Theology of Mission and Evangelism
- IC 700 Capstone Project, Intercultural Studies
- IC 603 Intercultural Insights for Ministry and Missions
- IC 899 Special Issues in Intercultural Studies (Preaching and Culture, Engaging Mormon Theology, Cross-Cultural Communication)
Rochelle is a native of Springfield, MO. In addition to spending time with her amazing niece and nephew, she loves to play with her dog, travel, read, work in her yard, create art, and run.